1. Ramon Dominguez

    Can I file a TDIU as my initial VA Disability Claim or do I first have to file a regular V A Disability Claim and then later the TDIU?

    1. Chris Attig


      That’s a great question. If you think you are unemployable for the conditions that you are claiming service connection for, submit the VA Form 21-8940 with your initial claim.

      But, if I’m understanding your question, until you have a claim (which can be filed simultaneously), it would be very unusual to request TDIU.

      If that’s not clear, feel free to email me at support@veteranslawblog.org



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

Take Back the Power in Your VA Claim - Get my Free Email!